Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Group A Streptococcus

Before you begin to question if I did my token blogging and you won't be seeing or hearing from the Bairds for sometime again... Strep throat found its way to our house. Savannah was the first and then she was kind enough to share with her mommy. Allie and Morgan both came home from school today complaining that they don't feel good but so far no sore throats. Chances are that nasty Streptococcus decided he really liked it here - we treat him well with yogurt, ice cream, Sprite, hot tea, etc. If you have never been unfortunate enough to meet him thank your lucky stars! Carl asked me what he could get me Saturday night and I started crying and said, "A gun!" Thank goodness for antibiotics! So if there isn't any new posts for a while don't be mad just say a prayer for me that Carl doesn't get it too (he makes a far better doctor than he does patient)!

5 comments:

Cookie said...

Sorry to hear you are all feeling poorly. But I feel a lot more loved now. :)

Sarah Young said...

Ugh! Here's to thinking healthy thoughts for you and the rest of the Bees!

Amy and Brad said...

I have such empathy! Strep Throat loves us, too.

One time, a couple of years back, I took 2 of our kids in to get their throats cultured but didn't have a sitter so the other 3 tagged along. Dr. decided to culture all the kids and lo and behold - every single kid had Strep! They still talk about that when we go into the clinic (a nurse brought it up just today, in fact, while I had Jacob in for his cough/fever!) So basically, we're kind of famous now.

Yay for Penicillin! Hang in there!

hilla said...

Oooph. that sucks. I think all husbands are tough as nails until they get the tiniest bit sick, then they cry like little girls and want to be waited on hand and foot! hahahaha.
hope you feel better soon.

Barb McLean said...

By now you are all probably on the mend if the antibiotics are doing what they are suppose to do! I have heard that doctors are getting stingy with antibiotics these days because there are so many drug resistant bugs out there. I guess they are trying to build up our immune systems. All I know is strep feels like...well you know! I hope you are all happy and well. PS I haven't told you in a long time but I sure love and miss you!