
My little boy is turning into a young man that is every bit as good as his dad. Last night Tanner had a friend over after school he stayed for dinner and then I took them to the theater so they could see the movie Mall Cop. I dropped them off and told them I couldn't imagine it being sold out but that I was going to run into Bath & Body before I went home and for them to call me if it was. I drove around to the other side of the mall and reached Bath & Body at the same time Tanner did. He looked a little like he was going to be sick. I asked if the movie was sold out and where his friend was. Tanner said they had gotten into line right behind a group of kids from school and one of their uncles was buying tickets to Gran
Torino and did they want tickets. Tanner's friend said yes and Tanner said I will see you guys all later. I wanted to scoop this kid up in my arms even though he is bigger than me. On the way home he said I think I had one of the strongest spiritual experiences I have ever had tonight. Every part of me said you can't go to that movie its rated R and than a voice said your mom is here go find her. I am so proud of him and his desire to do the right thing. How easy for him to have just gone to the other movie - we would have never known but Tanner has figured out something that took me well past thirteen to figure out... He would know and more importantly his Heavenly Father would know. Last night I looked up to my son in more ways than one!
3 comments:
That is so great. There is nothing better than seeing your kids choose the right even when mom isn't there to police! If only my husband could do the same! hahaha-kind of.
That follows suit with everything I've ever heard about Tanner. That he is just such a GOOD person. Your heart must just swell as a parent to be his momma!
That's a powerful experience with the Holy Ghost that I'm sure he'll remember all his life. So great!
Post a Comment