Our lives have been blessed to have had a glimpse into the short life of Luke. Luke is the nephew of our very good friends. (our friends from Omaha that couldn't live without us and followed us out West :) He was born with a congenital heart disease February 9, 2006. Luke had a heart transplant in November. In this picture he is just days out from his transplant excited to finally eat real food after having been on a feeding tube for so long. The past two months have been full of ups and downs for this guy and his sweet family. Yesterday Luke passed away. The strength and testimony of his parents has been amazing. Here is an excerpt from their care page...
"I put on some hymn music in the background. John annointed Luke's head for a blessing and Troy gave him the blessing with John and Ryan. The blessing said that he fulfilled his mission and has touched many peoples lives and released him unto our Father in Heaven. They had been clamping the ecmo, took out his breathing tube, gave him more sedation meds, and put him into my arms. I held him in my arms for a couple of hours visiting with doctors and nurses and those I mentioned before. We also got hand prints, foot prints, molds of his hand and foot, and locks of hair. As he left this mortal life I believe in Christ was playing followed by I know that my Redeemer lives. My faith and testimony of the gospel of Jesus Christ reassures me that I will see Luke again. Families can be together forever and this brings me the peace to carry on."
I know that our family is one of many who have been deeply effected by Luke's story. I am so grateful for the Gospel of Jesus Christ and to truly know that families can be together forever. Our thoughts and prayers are with the Sulley family.
Luke's heart has touched ours forever!
2 comments:
That is so heartbreaking, and yet so inspiring.
I can't even imagine the heartbreak. Thank heavens for the gospel.
Post a Comment