Sunday, January 25, 2009

My Sisters Keeper

Morgan was born the year after Carl went back school and it was "our plan" to wait to have anymore children until after Carl finished Grad School. Fortunately, we listened to the quiet promptings that allowed Savannah Kate to come into our lives at a time that was really crazy and we were really poor. When Savannah was 18 months old and shortly before Carl graduated I had to have a hysterectomy. When I watch Morgan and Savannah together I am so grateful that in this instance I got it right. They are truly the best of friends and have been since we brought Savannah home from the hospital. They are only two years apart and there has never been a moments jealousy. They always have each others back.
They help keep each other honest.
For example: Yesterday...
Me: "Morgan, what happened to your toe?"
Morgan: "Nothing."
Savannah: "Yes sir, you wrote on it with a marker."
Morgan: "No I didn't."
Savannah: "Morgan, its not good to lie. Yes you did."
Me: "Morgan, tell me the truth did you color your toenail?"
Morgan: "I didn't."
Savannah: "Yes she did. Morgan you need to tell the truth."
Me: "Savannah, did you see her color her toenail?"
Savannah: "Look at it mom its her handwriting!"
Morgan quickly fell apart and couldn't tell us why she didn't tell the truth but that she was very sorry.
Right now as I write this I can hear them playing in their room together. What could be better than a sister that is not only your best friend but your conscience as well!

1 comment:

Sarah Young said...

Oh that's funny! Savannah will come in handy during the teenage years too I'm sure! :)