I'm not really sure if Morgan even knows what it feels like to really feel good. We joke about her having a weak constitution but its probably not really funny, especially for her. Morgan has had three sets of tubes in her ears, has severe allergies and is asthmatic to boot. She has her on little pharmacy of meds. The doctors have been recommending for awhile that she get her tonsils taken out but she really hasn't been well enough to go under. (Really scary experience when she was a little wheezy when they did one of her tubes and they had to inti bate her) So needless to say I'm a little nervous about her and general anesthesia. But with her new drugs she has been pretty good so we decided to go for it. Poor thing is wishing that we hadn't. She hardly ever complains about being sick. In fact three weeks ago she had strept throat and I finally took her to the doctor only because she ran a fever for five days. Have you ever had strept throat?! She is being a trooper but definitely not feeling good and experiencing a lot of referred pain in her ears. We just keep telling her how much better she will feel in a couple of weeks. It will all be worth it, right?Tuesday, March 25, 2008
No More Tonsils for Morgie
I'm not really sure if Morgan even knows what it feels like to really feel good. We joke about her having a weak constitution but its probably not really funny, especially for her. Morgan has had three sets of tubes in her ears, has severe allergies and is asthmatic to boot. She has her on little pharmacy of meds. The doctors have been recommending for awhile that she get her tonsils taken out but she really hasn't been well enough to go under. (Really scary experience when she was a little wheezy when they did one of her tubes and they had to inti bate her) So needless to say I'm a little nervous about her and general anesthesia. But with her new drugs she has been pretty good so we decided to go for it. Poor thing is wishing that we hadn't. She hardly ever complains about being sick. In fact three weeks ago she had strept throat and I finally took her to the doctor only because she ran a fever for five days. Have you ever had strept throat?! She is being a trooper but definitely not feeling good and experiencing a lot of referred pain in her ears. We just keep telling her how much better she will feel in a couple of weeks. It will all be worth it, right?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Poor Morgan, bless her heart. Don't you just hate it when your children are sick? You just wish you could make everything better for them! She's in our thoughts!
My heart goes out to Morgy! I feel so bad for her and know just how she is feeling. I used to get strep throat ALL THE TIME but then I got my tonsils out, and I haven't had it since. This stinks for her right now, but it will be so much better.
WE LOVE YOU PRINCESS MORGALITA! Feel better soon!
Haley had her tonsils out years ago after having been a constant victim of strep throat and a major snorer. The recovery was pretty hard on her - took longer than we thought and she was in more pain than she or we had anticipated. BUT...she has probably only had strep throat one time in the last 3+ years and is definitely glad now that those tonsils are gone. Hang in there!
I remember when Jody and I were kids she had strep throat constantly. Nana would take her to our family doc and he would lance them becuase they were so huge. I know it is tough now but I'm glad you had Morgan's tonsils taken out... the tonsil gene in your family is suspect! Really am enjoying all the pictures you have posted!
We are so sorry that she has had to go through this. Tell her we love her and she is in our prayers.
Post a Comment